1.5 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
2–3 crowns broccoli broken into florets
3/4 cup beef broth
1/2 cup coconut aminos
2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Sesame seeds to garnish
Chopped green onions to garnish
1. In a cast iron griddle pan or pan add some avocado or olive oil and sear sliced beef (about 30 seconds-1 minute on each side) in batches, ensuring not to overcrowd or over cook.
2. Transfer to a plate once browned.
3. Once all beef is browned and on the plate, turn instant pot onto “sauté” mode and add some avocado or olive oil.
4. Add minced garlic to the instant pot and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add in the beef broth, ginger, coconut aminos, sesame oil, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add beef and juices from plate to the instant pot, close the lid, and set to “sealing”
6. Select manual and set the time for 10 minutes
7. While beef and sauce is cooking, place broccoli florets in a microwave safe dish filled 3/4th’s with water (or left over beef broth). Microwave for 3 minutes until lightly steamed for al dente broccoli. Drain water and set aside.
8. Once beef is done, do a quick release, and put the instant pot back into “sauté” mode.
9. In a small bowl add arrowroot flour and add a table spoon of COLD water at a time to make a thin liquid.
10. Slowly add in arrowroot mixture, using a fork to whisk into the liquid as you add it. Add in broccoli and continue stirring as the sauce thickens
11. Remove beef and broccoli with a slotted spoon and arrange in a large serving dish or meal prep containers. Allow the remaining liquid to continue simmering and thickening
12.Once it’s thick and bubbling, pour sauce over beef and broccoli
13.Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions or additional red pepper flakes