1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups sifted flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped pecans
powdered sugar (for rolling baked cookies in)
1. Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
2. Whisk together flour and salt; add gradually to butter mixture; stir in chopped nuts.
3. Chill dough if it seems too soft.
4. Form dough into 1 1/4" balls and place onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden-brown; remove from oven and allow to cool slightly; while cookies are still warm (but NOT hot) remove them from baking sheets and roll, a few at a time, in powdered sugar until evenly coated; cool cookies completely on wire racks.
6. Cookies may (optionally) be rolled in powdered sugar a second time once cooled to room temperature.
7. NOTE: Forming dough into 1" balls will increase yield to 48 cookies.
Recipe has been modified from original from here: